Thursday, February 16, 2006

Madonna-rama

Time goes by... so slowly...
Time goes by... so slowly...

everybody now! Don't she just speak the truth? new madonna make me want to wear a leotard and do 15 hours of yoga in knee-high boots and then hit the disco instead of sitting at my desk and have her songs doing the hustle around my head. I love me some madonna, but she seems to be above pants recently. I understand if you are real rich, and real buff, and have reinvented yourself like 400 times, then why not just do it for the 401st time sans pantalon, me ouĂ­? Freak out the squares or something. I'm sorry, she is pushing fifty, so let's not hope time #402 involves no shirt!

so, i have done a bit of knitting last night, but i couldn't do a WHOLE lot because of effing project runway and their need to freak me out all the time. I just have to let the world know that I love Daniel V. I hope he wins, and if he doesn't win, I hope he figures out that ladies around the world let out a collective sigh at his hipster hair and skinny arms and wish upon their lucky star for a gayboyfriend of that high caliber. He, i feel, is staunchly pro-pant.

ok, fibrousness!


As you can see, i'm about 1/5 of the way through the FRONT panel of the sweater. this is happy news, though i need to churn out the sleeves AND seam AND block-- all within 10 days. (eeeeeppp!) so my goal is to finish the FRONT panel by saturday and then (l'sigh... buy more Double Pointed Needles size 15 and 11) for the sleeves. maybe i'll buy them online. I love buying online from this shop in Oregon, which is a 1 - 3 woman operation (sometimes the proprietor's mom and or partner help out, but mostly it's just 1 woman.) also ordering from Angelika is a lovely experience- it is fast, cheap, and she makes a point of friendly service.


I am pleased that we have a holiday weekend headed our way. I really need to get into the groove of knitting for longer times, instead of an inch here and 10 rows there.

and i'm spent!

1 comment:

Victorious Moon said...

I am for the no shirt rule....